1st May 2019
Reference No.: 2019-03a/TB-VP HDVSTT
Re: PROMOTION OF MASTER KHOI DIEP
With reference to:
– The decision made and dated by the late Grand Master Le Sang to establish the Overseas Masters Management Council on the 31st July 2010
– The Constitution of the Overseas Masters Management Council
– The needs for the growth and development of Vovinam Viet Vo Dao and the advancement of its key personnel from overseas,
We would like to announce our decisions as follows:
The Vovinam Việt Võ Đạo Overseas Masters Management Council would like to announce our decisions as follows:
Article 1. Having reviewed Master Diệp Khôi’s performance and achievements to date that included:
• Making great contributions to both the building and development, as well as promoting Vovinam over the past five decades in Vietnam and overseas (Refer to the attached Master Diệp Khôi’s profile)
• Continuing his leadership role that is vital to the Vovinam Việt Võ Đạo’s organisation overseas
• Ongoing research to advance Vovinam techniques and improve training methods
• Fulfilled his duties as a senior Vovinam Master (Red belt, Level 3) over the past 10 years
Therefore, with due respect we hereby promote:
Master Khoi Diep to the Red Belt Level 4 (International 8th Dan)
Article 2. This decision is effective on the 1st of May of the year 2019
Article 3. This decision is to be notified to the Masters Council of Trustees of Vovinam Viet Vo Dao (Vietnam) and all Vovinam organisations and chapters to acknowledge and execute.
The Executive Council
The Vovinam Việt Võ Đạo Overseas Masters Management Council
MASTER KHOI DIEP’S PROFILE
· Master Khoi Diep began his Vovinam Viet Vo Dao journey in 1968. After a period of training he became one of the many students who were taught in person by the late Grand Master Le Sang at the Vovinam Training Centre in Saigon. Throughout the mid 1970s, he was one of the Assistant Masters to the Late Grand Master at the Vovinam Training Centre.
· He came to Australia as “Boat People” at the start of the 1980s. Despite the early years of difficulty in making end meets and to settling into a new country, he opened the first Vovinam Training Centre in the suburb of Reservoir, Victoria, Australia. Since then through his leadership, many more training centres were developed and established. At the present day, there are 10 Vovinam training centres in the State of Victoria, Australia, who actively teaching Vovinam. They are Vovinam Training Centre, Quang Minh, Springvale, Kensington, St Martin De Porres, Richmond, Hoppers Crossing, Lalor, Preston and Holly Child Dallas. Also under his leadership, there are also two training centres namely the Brisbane Centre and the Phat Da Centre in the State of Queensland, Australia.
· Throughout the years of his leadership and service to Vovinam Viet Vo Dao, he has experienced countless difficulties and challenges, however, by looking back to the path that he has travelled for his 51 years under journey in the Vovinam uniform, including the 37 years of building and developing Vovinam Martial Arts in Australia; the number of disciples that he has produced is in thousands. Among the many generations of disciples, there are still people today in the Master and Instructor roles who continue to work on the development and growth of Vovinam Martial Arts in Australia. It is estimated that there is about 1000 disciples who currently active in training of Vovinam Martial Arts at all the aforementioned centres.
· For nearly four decades in Australia, Master Khoi Diep has always promoted Vovinam Viet Vo Dao to the wider audience by taking part in all multicultural events in Australia as well as making contribution to both Vietnamese festive activities and traditional events held by the local Vietnamese – Australian Community.
· He was promoted to the rank of Red Belt Level 3 by the late Grand Master in 2009
· In 2010 when the late Grand Master Le Sang established the Overseas Masters Management Council, Master Khoi Diep and four other Masters were entrusted with the task to manage and develop this organisation. Master Khoi Diep held the role of Presidency for the first two terms.
· In his current position of the Council as the Coordinator for Research and Examination, he has organised many training seminars of high standard in many countries worldwide. He has assessed and promoted many Red belt and Yellow belt candidates who are worthy of their ability and talents for the development of Vovinam Viet Vo Dao from overseas.